justin adler, blog, buenos aires, bahia blanca, university of arizona, brooklyn, basketball, travel, paul mcpherson

Friday, October 12, 2007

Catching up


Here's a grip of articles/blogs that are WPM worthy

First, let's hit the D.C. Sports Bog, which completely murks any other major newspapers blog, where Dan Steinberg discuss the possibility of Gil cheating at Halo 3.

OK, let's say you are Gilbert Arenas. You're getting paid just under $25 over the next two years from the Washington Wizards, a powerful team, which you happen to lead. You're getting millions more from EA Sports, Adidas, Spalding and other sponsors. You're working on coming back from a knee injury, which took you and effectively your team out of the playoffs.

So some kids are talking shit about you on Halo 3 message boards. Just let it go, right? Absolutely not.

Gil dedicated 2,300 words to defend himself on his blog.

If you don't got time to read through the length, here's my best of :
At the end of the day I’m still ranked in the top 30 in the world, even without the experience. Go check the leaderboard. That’s all my skill. The leaderboard doesn’t have anything to do with experience points, it just has to do with experience. Microsoft must have sold millions of copies of Halo and I’m still ranked No. 30 in the world. My swag is phenomenal right now, remember that. Like Kanye said, “You can’t tell tell me nothing, riiighhht.” To my favorite haters -- Biggs V2 and Hellhogace -- I’m ranked even without the so-called “cheating.”

And MC187, you get the bonus prize. This is your five days of fame. PTI picked it up and now I'm mentioning you in my blog. This is the only way you're going to get famous because it's not going to be through Halo. I looked at your rank, you aren't very good. You might not be skilled at the game, but I know what your skill is -- looking at everybody else's accounts to see who's cheating. So keep it up baby, I'm rooting for you.

I play Halo some days for 14 hours.

One more thing, a big thanks to Aircalbev for supporting me in this time of tragedy on the Bungie message board of hatred towards Agent Arenas. I also want to give a shout out to some of my fallen solidiers - Cashis Clayis and Baby Jesus - for helping through these turbulent times and I would like to thank God for giving me the man power and the heart and mind to stay up and keep playing Halo to the best of my ability.
Once Nobel and Pulitzer get their shit together and start giving out blog awards, Gil needs the first one. Also "Gazo the Pranksta" sounds like the best cartoon ever created by an NBA player.

On to people who actually won a Nobel Prize, respect to these two guys for helping Steve Jobbs take over the world.

Unless the world ends first.

To go along with my token Gilbert Arenas link, here's my token Oregon link. Until UA hoops can provide incredible sex advice like this, I'll keep rooting for Oregon. Joevan, keep staying fresh.

"Pelted him with textbooks when he broke the silence"

If they sell a Bowie space suit with nipple antennas, I'll cop one.

0 comments: