justin adler, blog, buenos aires, bahia blanca, university of arizona, brooklyn, basketball, travel, paul mcpherson

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Homesickness


I'm kinda homesick. Recently I catch myself dazing off more frequently and dreaming about the good ol' US  of A. I realized just how homesick I was when I read this article, which begins with "a toddler decapitated, a 6-year-old stabbed in his sleep" and all I could do is look at the sidebar map of Camden, NJ and long for the Delaware River and I-95.

And that's not anywhere close to anywhere I once lived. It's just a river bordering a city I really like and a freeway that I once drove on with Tar while listening to Freeway. 

I can't even imagine how I'd feel if those unspeakably horrible tragedies happened within a sidebar map of the Rillito River. 

H/T to Seplosion for the NYT link. 

0 comments: