justin adler, blog, buenos aires, bahia blanca, university of arizona, brooklyn, basketball, travel, paul mcpherson

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dumb rappers need teachin'

I do like Lil Wayne's music more than any knowledgeable, self-respecting hip-hop fan should and I rarely pass up the chance to see one of my favorite rappers perform. However I sacrificed the Weezy-headlined Tucson Takeover show in order to hit the slopes in Northern Arizona with the family over MLK day weekend.

Turns out right after the concert Lil Wayne was also high in Arizona, feeling ecstatic in the fresh powder. Not quite snowboarding, but more to the tune of getting arrested for having
four ounces of marijuana, just over an ounce of cocaine, 41 grams of Ecstacy and miscellaneous drug paraphernalia on his tour bus.

Just for comparison purposes, my aunt packed six turkey sandwiches (one for each of us) for the 4-hour trip from Tucson to Pinetop. Lil Wayne packed a couple thousand dollars worth of drugs and .40-caliber pistol for his entourage of 12. In both situations I view it as being a great host and more importantly, as love.

I'm sure if I my aunt were a rapper and not a middle school home-economics teacher, she would have done the same for my cousins and I.

On the subject of dumb rappers...For someone who claims to be a hustler, Game probably should've tapped Heineken for a couple mil before tatting a giant red star on his face.

0 comments: