justin adler, blog, buenos aires, bahia blanca, university of arizona, brooklyn, basketball, travel, paul mcpherson

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Killing It


Not Peter

Even when I didn’t have all the time in the world, I really enjoyed putting waaayyy too much thought into a wall post on my friend's Facebook profile.

Recently I spent more time than I’m willing to admit on 30-word gems on the walls of two of my friends. 

As is normally the case, the 400+ likes I felt I deserved never came. My friends probably thought the posts were rather dumb and no more than two people read the damn thing.

But you know who did hit the almighty thumbs up on both brilliantly-written posts? Peter. The same Peter I have not seen since high school. The same Peter who after high school – and probably starting in high school – developed a drug addiction, overcame it, got sober, and is now an MMA fighter (all according to his Facebook updates).

Which means that my Facebook wall prose is highly regarded by former a drug-addict-turned-MMA-fighter, the only demographic I ever wanted to impress. 

0 comments: