justin adler, blog, buenos aires, bahia blanca, university of arizona, brooklyn, basketball, travel, paul mcpherson

Friday, January 12, 2007

Oh. So that's where Nic Wise is.


Turns out my last 'Nic Wise Moment of the Game' was not only hyperbolic to the point where it may have crossed the line, it was also factually incorrect. According to this article from the Arizona Daily Wildcat Nic Wise was on the bench last night and is out because of academic reasons.
The highlight of the article was definitely:
Sources said Wise may not be out for the rest of the season. The freshman might be able to clear up the class by turning in a paper, they said.
This great feat of procrastination further secures Wise as my favorite player on the team and official player of Where's P-Mac. Every kid in college has been in the situation of being up at 1 a.m. after a marathon of Seinfeld, video games, or nothing and thought to themselves, "Shit, if I don't do this paper tonight my GPA is gonna die." Nic Wise being the ultimate procrastinating champ, must have said to himself, "Shit, if I don't do this paper I'm going to fail the class and not be able to play for a top-10 basketball team. Fuck it. I'm going to bed."
I used to think I will never be as good an athlete as a D1 player, but nobody procrastinates harder than me, now I see that college athletes have beat me in my own game. Respect, Nic Wise. Respect.

0 comments: