justin adler, blog, buenos aires, bahia blanca, university of arizona, brooklyn, basketball, travel, paul mcpherson

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

UA summer blues, Steph in Italia and more...


Sorry for the lack of Where's P-Mac as of late, which can be accredited to being stuck in the summer doldrums, Daft Punk concerts and a general lack of UA hoops going on. Let's catch up on a few things though.

If I was Tim Donaghy I wouldn't bet on Marcus Williams making the Spurs opening day roster after his NBA Summer League averages of 3.6 points, 2.4 boards and one assist.

Mustafa, who signed to a summer contract with Sacramento, averaged 7.6 points, 6 assists and 2.4 turnovers per game.

Ivan Radenovic also had an underwhelming performance putting up 2.7 ppg through 3 games before the Clippers asked him to go home.

Props to former-Duck Aaron Brooks who averaged 21.4 points, 3.2 boards and 5.2 dimes.

Then again it is the Summer League where Marcus Banks can put up 42 in a game.

Also something that flew under the Tucson radar was Hassan Adams getting cut by the Nets.

Now onto more interesting things...

Starbury continues his summer media takeover, announcing he's going to Italy when his contract ends.

"I'm not just thinking of doing it, I'm going to do it," Marbury vowed yesterday. "My wife loved it there. It's like a [David] Beckham thing."
Possibly my favorite F-Minus ever.

I didn't know you could sue al-Queda.

He ain't no Bob Barker.

SLAM's Lang Whitaker dropped this gem regarding David Stern's press conference this morning
[ESPN's] Rachel Nichols asks about Stern’s emotions. Rachel Nichols is so now. I keep waiting for Nichols to ask about the Lindsay Lohan situation. She does not. Lohan is not now.
Seriously that "Now" bullshit on Sportscenter is the lamest shit of all time.

My quick wrap-up of the Tucson Summer Pro League.

Fuck Michigan.

Also if you didn't notice I re-did all the WPM labels, so now when I randomly go on 10-day hiatuses, you can fuck with the labels and relive great WPMs of the past.

0 comments: