justin adler, blog, buenos aires, bahia blanca, university of arizona, brooklyn, basketball, travel, paul mcpherson

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Warning: This post contains a picture of Ed Cota

Everyone has their day


Selfish [sel-fish] adjective
1. devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned primarily with one's own interests, benefits, welfare, etc., regardless of others

2. characterized by or manifesting concern or care only for oneself: selfish motives

3. cheering for Stanford solely because you do not want to see the Wildcats (the school I attend) play the Ducks (a school that I have been to once and love solely because of Phil Knight's association) in the opening round of the Pac-10 Tournament.

4. knowing that if the Cats do lose to Stanford, Lute's 19-year streak of 20 wins and his
22-year streak of 11 Pac-10 wins will go down the drain.

5. willing to throw away your school's bragging rights of having a power-house basketball program, just so you can further enjoy the Pac-10 Tournament, a Pac-10 tournament that you overpaid $90 for because the Zona Zoo is wildly incompetent.

The above was my views toward the Arizona vs. Stanford game, a game which Arizona won forcing them to play Oregon in the opening round of the Pac-10 Tourny. I missed the entire game because of the UA track meet. If you want to read the Antoine Cason mid-season report, based off only three! performances this season, feel free to click here sometime tomorrow.

Sadly as a result of being gone for the entire day, I missed 10 minutes of Nic Wise playing time and I missed Ivan Radenovic' have the game of his life. I still can't believe that I missed Nic come within 5 points, 9 boards and 9 steals of a triple-double. I probably should take the high road and praise ol' Ivan for his performance, but I'll leave it to the pros to describe the fluke.

Since this post is rather short for a sick basketball game I'll throw in a pic of Bibby rocking the Air Foamposite I as he d's up ED COTA!!!. You're welcome.

0 comments: